Sunday, January 13, 2013

What It's About

There are two main themes I'll be discussing in this blog.

One is writing and publishing. In an upcoming series of posts, titled The Writing Commitment, I'll explain my process-- and give outside examples-- of how to stay on track as you write and publish a book. Since I'm currently unpublished, the later posts will include much more outside reference than the first few. But, here's the thing: you can't control if you get published. You can control if you write-- and write well.

The other theme is plot in various media. There are the obvious: books, movies, television, video games... yes, video games. I'll have them as a focus. The way you approach plot, and the way the world is shown, is different depending on your medium. Video games are largely overlooked, but they tell amazing stories... and they're usually stories that traditional media can't, or won't, tell.

I'll update this blog every Sunday, EST, until further notice. Since my schedule is erratic, you'll be better off checking on Mondays.

Happy Writing!

-Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment